Frequently Asked Questions

Where do we purchase a Tennessee marriage license?

Your Tennessee Marriage license may be purchased at any Tennessee County Court Clerk’s Office. License is valid for 30 days. Both parties must be present and have a valid photo ID or social security card.

Cost for Sevier County Marriage License:
Out of State Residents -$45.00* exact cash – No checks or credit cards accepted.

You must have your marriage license with you in order for us to perform your ceremony – no exceptions!

There are 3 locations in Sevier County:
The Sevierville Courthouse, Gatlinburg Shilling Center, & Pigeon Forge- 9-5 -SATURDAYS ONLY-(865-908-6613)

DIRECTIONS TO THE GATLINBURG SHILLING CENTER -405 Reagan Drive (865-430-3404), As you arrive in Gatlinburg, on the Parkway, Turn, at traffic light #7, going up the hill onto Reagan Drive. Go about 2 blocks. The Shilling Center is on the left. *HOURS: Monday & Friday-8:30-4:00, Wednesday 8:30-12:00, Saturday-9:00am to 1:00pm CLOSED TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS .

DIRECTIONS TO THE SEVIERVILLE COURTHOUSE (865-453-5502) 125 Court Ave., Suite 202E Take 1-40 to exit #407. Follow HWY 66 into Sevierville to the intersection of Hwy. 66/US411/US441. You’ll see the Courthouse Clock tower on the left. Turn left at the next intersection, then left into the courthouse parking lot. *HOURS: Monday-Thursday 8:30am-4:30pm; Friday 8:30am-5:30pm; CLOSED SATURDAY.


Tennessee residents pay an additional $60 if they have not received pre-marital counseling. Call the County Clerk’s office for specific details.

Marriage Licenses are not required for renewal ceremonies.

May we make changes in the ceremony or have special music played?

Any changes must be discussed & cleared with the minister at least 1 MONTH prior to your wedding. One special song is allowed for packages with a 1 hour or larger time allotment. CD is needed upon your arrival along with your marriage license. Because guests enter just before the ceremony begins, there is not time for pre-wedding music. Pre-wedding music requires the purchase of an extra 1/2 hour ($299).

Is a customary gift for the minister, photographer & staff included in the package price?

A customary gift for the Minister/photographer/staff is NOT included in your package price. Our entire staff works very hard to make your wedding day as stress-free & successful as possible. If you wish to bless them for their service, a gratuity is always welcome & greatly appreciated.

May we bring our own minister?

There is a service fee of $100 to bring your own minister. This is allowed only if your package has a 1 hour or longer time allotment. Permission to use your own minister must be cleared through our office at least one month before your ceremony. He must have valid credentials of ordination issued by a legitimate Christian organization. A copy of these credentials must be mailed or faxed & received at the chapel at least one week prior to your wedding. Your minister is responsible for going over his ceremony with you & your attendants before your arrival at the chapel. NO REHEARSAL TIME IS PROVIDED.


Are Children allowed to participate in the ceremony, & Are Mothers/Guests escorted into the Chapel?

Children of any age are welcome to attend the service, however, they must be under adult supervision at all times. Children are welcome to participate in the service. Ring bearer may carry the wedding rings on pillow and the Chapel bears no responsibility for any lost items/rings. Flower girl may drop large SILK petals only. Petals must be picked up immediately after the ceremony ends. Due to time restrictions, all guests (including Mothers) enter the chapel & seat themselves just before the ceremony begins.

May we set up a guest book, throw birdseed /rice or blow bubbles at the Chapel?

Due to time & space limitations at the chapel, we suggest having guests sign the guest book at your reception. Only Bubbles are allowed (outside) at the Chapel, with One Hour & larger packages. PLEASE!-NO BIRDSEED-It makes surfaces slick & hazardous. No Silly String. Note: It is illegal to throw rice in the state of Tennessee. Violators will incur a $50 clean-up fee added to their photo package cost.

Is music or seating provided at Outdoor Settings?-(Waterfall/Gazebo/ or Pavilion) Do guests walk to the outdoor location?

Neither music nor seating are provided outside. ALL Guests are required to walk a short, but steep distance to the outdoor setting.

What other Options can our coordinator take care of for us?

Honeymoon Lodging, Sculpted or Personalized unity Candle, Silk flowers including bridesmaid bouquets, boutonnieres for groomsmen/Fathers, corsages for Mothers/Grandmothers; Toasting Goblets or Coffee Mugs, Cakes, Romantic Dinner for 2, Off Site receptions at prime Gatlinburg Locations, D.J. & dance floor, (Book Reception & DJ early for best availability) Honeymoon Gift Baskets, Tux Rentals, Limo Service, Family Bonds Ceremony. Call your coordinator for Pricing & Availability. NOTE: Cut off Date for all add on options is one month before the wedding.

Are our guests allowed to take photos or Video the ceremony?

The Use Of Photographic Or Digital Image Equipment Is Not Permitted on the Chapel Premises.
NOTE: The chapel is not responsible for any video, CD, DVD, or photo processing equipment malfunction.

When will our package photos or proofs be ready?

Photos will be ready for viewing on our Photostore website within one week after your wedding. Our Photographer will inform you about accessing the photostore website. Extra photos, photo CD’s, copyright release & negatives, are available for you to purchase on the photostore website as well. Photos will be mailed out within 4 – 6 weeks of your wedding date or online selection date. Please verify your address with our coordinator before you leave the Chapel.

NOTE: If your package includes stretch canvas prints, 8 x 10 or 11 x 14 enlargements, you select the poses you want for these enlargements. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact one of our coordinators at 1-865-436-5356.

Are Food or Drink permitted in the Chapel?

Food or drinks are not permitted on Chapel grounds.